Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cloisonné Love

Now that I've finished making and mailing my Christmas cards (insert "Halleluia Chorus" music here), I'm frantically trying to get some Valentine cards made for Operation Write Home before the December 31 deadline.  Digging through my "have in my stash but haven't figured out what to do with it yet" drawer, I came across these hearts I made six or seven years ago.  Talk about a perfect fit for CASE Study Challenge #171!



Here's the supply list (CTMH in italics):
  • Paper: cloisonné heart (no idea, sorry), Sunflower, Juniper
  • Accessories: Black Shimmer Trim, crochet heart, red gem, Liquid Glass (aka Glossy Accents), paper crimper
  • Ink: Juniper
The process on the cloisonné effect was to glue bits and pieces of multiple papers next to/over top of each other on a solid base of cardstock, let dry, then use a template to trim out hearts.  I did this at a friend's house using lovely papers she had collected over the years.

I hand-cut the leaves then sponged the edges.  To give them a tiny bit of dimension--and so I could hang onto them while fitting them under the flower--I curled them before affixing with Liquid Glass.

I have about six more of these hearts.  Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to craft I go!

Until next time,
Becca



6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are right; this is perfect for CASE Study this week, and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Becca! I'm not done with preparations for the holidays yet but just may stop and use this technique. thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm saving this idea for when things calm down here (soon, I hope!).
    The design is very appealing and I love the heart! I have a stash of Japanese papers given to me for Christmas one year that I could use like this - thanks for the idea! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful valentine's card...loving that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the bold colors and the simplicity of the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!