Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Friday, December 13, 2013

Frosted Snowflakes

This week, our challenge over at Color My Heart is Frosted Turquoise and Frosted Grey.  These colors come from the Frosted paper pack.  Hee, hee!  A big shout-out to my friend and fellow DT member Marie Flayer for sending me some of this beautiful paper.

I pulled inspiration from this post and used up the leftover die cut from this card to bring you this:



Here's the supply list (CTMH in italics):
  • PaperFrosted, Champagne, and Florentine (blue snowflake)
  • Cricut Die Cuts: white snowflakes from Art Philosophy, blue snowflake from Artiste
  • AccessoriesPrisma Glitter (retiring January, 2014--say what???  Get it while you can!!), Corner Rounder, doily, sequins, blue crystals (label is gone, but I think they came from Hobby Lobby), glue pen (to draw along the edges of the large white snowflake and cover with glitter), Liquid Glass (to adhere gems, sequins, snowflakes), and foam tape.
I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Now for the confession.  See that strip of Prisma Glitter across the top?  Well...here's the story.  I was gluing the strips of Frosted paper to the Champagne cardstock and glued the wrong side.  Instead of cutting a  new piece, I decided to see if adding glitter would "rescue" it.  I think it worked fine.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the photograph, but the piece of Champagne cardstock with the Frosted paper strips on it is up on foam tape, but the plain strip of Champagne on the far right side is glued directly to the card.  You can see how this works better on the example card here.

After I got it done, I thought I should have put a sentiment across the bottom strip of patterned paper but wasn't brave enough to try and stamp on something foam mounted.  Thus, I added the sequins and extra blue crystals.

Time to actually get my cards in the mail.

Merry Christmas, all!!

Until next time,
Becca

20 comments:

  1. I love that doily and your snowflake layers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card - love the soft/vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the colors and your magnificent arrangement of all the elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mistakes! Only variations! LOVE your glitter element!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cool design. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! Your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is positively gorgeous! Love that snowflake and all the shimmer accenting the Frosted papers. Thanks for playing in the Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots going on with your CAS card! Amazing technique! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is suc a beautiful card ! The colors are lovely ! Thank you so much for joining us at
    BBTB2 !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful. Love this snowflake and the sparkly elements. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for CASE-ing me! Your card is infinitely more beautiful than mine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!! I love the snowflake and all of the glittery goodness!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Winter Is On The Way' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a beautiful card! I love the snowflake and the color combo as well as the sparkle and shine! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! LOVE the layout and your snowflake looks amazing, great use of putting two together from two carts! So creative! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 this week!!!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card Becca, a fabulous design and gorgeous colours and sparkling - such a stunning snowflake!!!

    Thanks you so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! What else needs to be said? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous color scheme! SO wish I were on this week! Actually, sitting back and enjoying your creation is perfect right now. Such a fantastic mix, Becca, from the patterns to the doily to the bling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the layered snowflake! very pretty card! thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Love the mix of patterns and the soft touch with the doily! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!