Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Monday, December 9, 2013

Moving Christmas

It was such a pleasure to be the Heart2Heart Guest Designer back in October, and the lovely ladies there decided to invite all their GD's back for December.  This week's challenge is Moving On.  I decided to combine that theme with a few other challenges to bring you this:


Let me list the challenges, then I'll list the supplies.

CAS-ual Fridays:  Out on a Limb
Inspired By:  #99
CASE Study:  #169
Curtain Call: Christmas

Here are the supplies I used (all CTMH)
  • Stamp sets:  Adventure USA (car and tree, set to retire 1/14); December Word Puzzle (circle sentiment, retired long ago)
  • Ink:  Lagoon (pigment), Topiary (pigment), Chocolate (pigment), Versamark
  • Embossing Powders: Clear and Gold
  • Kraft Banner (left over from Décor Frame project)
  • Other: foam mounting tape, white embossing thread, and staples
Although this looks pretty self-explanatory, there are a few things I'd like to point out.  The car stamp actually has an attached trailer.  I masked that off using a post-it note (then stamped it without lifting off the post-it...yeah.  But this is why God invented two sides to every piece of paper!).  I decided not to repeat the post-it note debacle on the tree and just carefully inked the top in Topiary and the trunk in Chocolate.  I figured a little cross over of color wasn't a big deal, but I did start with my lighter ink color to minimize problems with my stamp pads later.

Also, you might want to be sure your non-embossed tree is dry before you pour Gold powder over the top of your circle sentiment.  Again...yeah.  I just carefully brushed the powder off with a fine paint brush.

I am proud to say that I am down to only ten cards left to have my Christmas card stash done for the year.  Now I have to start working on Christmas gifts and Valentines cards for Operation Write Home.  Never a dull moment around here.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful CAS card! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally adorable! love that little glossy car! thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part is the actual thread tying the tree onto the card--miniature heaven! Fantastic design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While your card looks clean and simple at first (and it is), all the little details like the embossing and how you tied the tree to the car are really phenomenal. Thanks for serving as a Heart 2 Heart guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I hate taking the time to mask things off (ironically have no problem spending hours on a card though), and most of the time careful inking does it for me! Love your tiny car and tree, without the trailer : ) Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute! Love that tiny car with the tree on top! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and I like your unusual way to create a card for the Holidays!
    No, I don't like it but LOVE it :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!