Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Baby Button

I spent some time going through the CASE Study 4th Anniversary Blog Hop and found this amazing piece of inspiration on Julia Stainton's blog. (You simply MUST go see her card!)


I combined that with the Less is More sketch challenge for the week to make this baby card.


I used up a bunch of supplies that were left over from other projects.  I started by arranging my larger items then dumping a bunch of buttons over top.  After skooching them around (yes, skooching...it's a real word. I'm sure of it!) until I was happy, I adhered the larger items then the smaller.  When I was done, I added a few pearls into some of the holes.

Considering all the gluing I did, it didn't take long for this card to come together.  I did use 100# cardstock because I didn't want the card to wilt under the weight of all those buttons.

I'll be hand-delivering it to one of our fellow army chaplain families.  I hope it makes them feel special.

Until next time,
Becca

12 comments:

  1. Becca this is totally gorgeous! Who could have thought that something with so many embellishments could still look c&s, the white space makes it work!
    Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable baby card, great use of the cute buttons.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Becca. Whoever receives this card is certainly in for a treat.
    Fabulous idea for combining the LIM sketch too.
    Thanks so much for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great baby card. How creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's really to cute! Georgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative!!! So sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such an adorable card love all those pastel buttons. Thanks for joining us over at case study.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a simply brilliant interpretation of the sketch Becca...love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is fabulous. So sweet and a great take on the challenge.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so absolutely sweet!! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love the buttons and how they framing the button word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!