Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Friday, July 18, 2014

Birthday Card with Bling

Do you remember the first time you saw Shaun White?  I was watching the Olympics and this new Half-Pipe competition thinking, "Those guys are crazy, but they're good."  Then Shaun White did his run.  Everything about it was bigger, better, and made me gasp.  That's how I feel about Shari Carroll.  There are some amazingly talented paper crafters out there, but Shari is just...wow!  I've been wanting to play along over at CASE Study all month because Shari is the Muse.  Today, I finally did it with their 200th challenge.  I used the colors from Color Throwdown #301.


All the stamps and supplies are CTMH except for the blue crystals.  I think I went a little nuts with them, but I couldn't seem to stop myself, and then I added more.  The stamps are retired, only the chipboard flowers are still current.

It might not have the same *gasp* worthiness of a Shari Carroll card, but every time I copy something of hers I learn and grow in my skills.  And that is the measure of a true artist.

Until next time,
Becca

8 comments:

  1. I think this is pretty *gasp*-worth myself. I love the background stamping, and all the bling - you can never have enough crystals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous and such a great CASE! It's also a wow use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool card Becca. Love background! Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the colors and details are amazing! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful...love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Love how the background looks. I don't think you overdid the blue gems at all! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!