Saturday, August 14, 2010

House Work

It has been a very busy couple of weeks.  I've been shopping almost every single day, actually developed a blister on my feet from all the walking through showrooms, and am sore everywhere from painting, cleaning, furniture assembly, and anything else related to home decoration you can possibly imagine.

My son comes home from Iraq any day now.  Before he left in May, he made an offer on a home.  It was a "short sale" which, in the end, was neither short nor a sale!  After nearly 4 months of back and forth, we finally gave up with three other homes in the same area dropped their sale prices low enough they fell into his price range.  So...my husband, who was still here at the time, and I made an offer on a home he now owns but has never seen except in pictures.  Over the last week, my parents and I have been working feverishly to paint practically every wall, buy furnishings and decorations, and get the weeds out of the yard.  We are almost done...just need one more day to add some finishing touches and it's as ready as it's going to be.

We took a much needed break today and I treated my parents to dinner at Bahama Breeze.

I've barely had enough time to read e-mail, pay bills, and take phone calls from my sweet husband in Afghanistan.  WHEW!

Well, that's all!  Just wanted to let you know what I've been up to.  Pictures will be posted of the house after Steven gets home...wouldn't want to spoil the surprise!!

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!