Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Birthday Blessings

It's 87 degrees inside my house right now...at least upstairs, so I am downstairs crafting away in my basement. Whew! Besides, I'm heading out to a birthday party tonight and need a special card for a special lady.

This is based off the Mojo Monday Sketch 194.

This is the first dimensional flower I've made using a strip of paper accordion folded and then formed into a circle. I used scallop edges scissors to give it a little bit of petal curve.

Paper, stamps and ribbon are all CTMH. I didn't have a circle punch to create the scalloped edge as shown in the sketch, so I cut 3/4 inch squares and set them on the diagonal. I zig-zag stitched the strips and then planned to go all the way around the square with another zig-zag, but as I went to turn the corner, I noticed I'd run out of thread. Since I thought it looked kinda cool, I did it on the bottom, too.

Off to run some errands in my air-conditioned car at the air-conditioned post office and grocery store.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Love those paper...and the way you used triangles instead of circles. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful!! I love the angled squares instead of the round scallop, very unique. I like the DP and your flower as well.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the papers and all your stitching!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card. Love all those different pink patterns. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!