Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Roses

No challenges with this one, just had fun coloring with colored pencils using some old CTMH stamps called Forever Roses and what I think is Stampin' Up! background paper.



The buttons are actually pink, but they faded into the B&T paper, so I used a dark brown Copic, bounced it onto the surface (because trying to do it smooth was NOT working), and made it look sortof woodgrainy.  The large rose on top was mounted on two pieces of foam tape, the leaves on each side of it on one piece of foam tape, and the smaller rose and leaf under it were glued directly to the background piece of white cardstock.

Since this is a little too girly for my husband, I'm not sure who is going to get it.  I'll probably stick it in my stash and send it off to Operation Write Home.  Now I need to get the one for the hubby done.  I found out today (pretty much by accident) that he is taking me to a Five Star restaurant tomorrow night.  Woot!!

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. You're so talented, Becca--in many ways! Enjoying this site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!