Sunday, February 7, 2016

XOXOXO

Love is in the air...and on my typewriter!

I recently busted my crafting fast wide open and purchased the new "Artistry" Cricut cartridge from Close to My Heart along with a few other yummies.  The four layer typewriter is my new favorite thing, and I'll be using it a ton. Today, I'm using it for the current challenge over at CAS on Sunday: Valentines.


Isn't that adorable??

I wanted the background to have a little something to make the white paper stand out, so I used a panel of watercolor paper, swiped Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Stain over the back, and faded out the edges by feathering them with a paint brush.  The sentiment is from a retired CTMH set called "Typed Note."

Let me tell you what else I'm in love with...the German carbide blade for my Cricut.  I've had so much trouble with fine cuts, but this new blade is the BOMB!  I'll be ordering a multi-pack because I never want to be without one again.

Nothing like new stuff to get your creative juices going.  Let's hope it stimulates the actual typewriter (aka, laptop) so I can meet some writing deadlines after being down a couple weeks with shingles.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your card is gorgeous, Becca! Indeed adorable. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!