Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Love & Marriage

My brother and sister-in-law are celebrating their 25th Anniversary soon.  Their friends are throwing them a big party and sent out invitations using a wedding photo.  I decided to make it the focal point of my card.  Coincidentally, the colors of their wedding match this week's Color Throwdown.


To begin, I colored the flowers and leaves of the bouquet with Copic markers. Next, I die cut the photo using an MFT stitched frame. Using my MISTI, I stamped the ampersand with CTMH Tulip ink (retired) then stamped again with Versamark ink so I could emboss with Pearl powder.  I used an X-acto knife and scissors to cut the ampersand and then ran a red Copic marker around the edge.

After mounting both the photo and ampersand with foam tape, I once again used my MISTI to stamp the words in Momento Tuxedo Black.  The bow is CTMH Fern Thick Twine adhered with Liquid Glass...including how I shaped the tails so they stay artfully curved.

The card began as 5"x 7", but I cut it down until it's closer to 5"x 6".

I've been unusually busy with writing lately. One deadline met, three more to go before October. If you don't see me for long stretches of time, don't panic. (I'll be doing plenty of that all by myself!)

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and special anniversary card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special keepsake for a special event! Love how you highlighted the photo here. Thanks for joining us for the 400th Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!