Thursday, October 27, 2016

Tricks and Treats - Blog Hops with Heart


It's hard to believe we are finishing our first year of Blog Hops with Heart.  Such a fun group of talented ladies.  They have been all treats to work with.  Get it?  TREATS?

Yeah...you don't come here for my jokes, so let's get right to my card...


I have such fun using the special features of Cricut Design Space to customize images so they do what I want.  The original image of the house is from CTMH Artbooking.


I used the "Hide Contour" feature to get rid of the outside edge and the hole punch circles. Next, I used a circle shape that comes free with DS and the "Slice" feature to round out the left side. Then, I placed it on my mat so I could cut in the center of a panel.  If you have DS, here's the cutting file. Because lining up an image exactly in the center of a pre-cut panel never works for me, I always give myself a larger panel than I need and then trim it down after I've cut the center image.

Once the image was cut, I used Liquid Glass to adhere a piece of clear plastic to the back side of the house. I stamped the sentiment (retired set called "Wicked") in black.  It's important that you stamp anything you want on the panel before you add the foam tape that creates the barrier for the sequins.  I just snipped lines of foam tape and lined up the inside edges so there were no gaps. I meant to take a picture of what it looked like before I adhered everything together, but I forgot. Sorry. 

Then came the sequins.  I used more than I thought I'd need, and I think I could have used more (however, the last shaker card I made I used too much, so...there's that to consider).  I forget where I got this package of mixed color sequins, but I love the color scheme.  I peeled off the backing of the foam tape and added black cardstock over the top. I used more foam tape to adhere the entire top panel to the card base.

I love foam tape!

Three more sequins on the front of the panel finished off the card.  Now I just have to figure out who to send it to. 

Be sure to visit all the Blog Hops with Heart ladies to see each of the fabulous projects this month.  The hop is a circle, so keep going by visiting Wendy Coffman's blog.  You should have come from Amie's blog. She also has a list of all the participants, if you end up getting lost along the way.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. So wonderful that you gave such detailed instructions on your super creative card ...WOW! And thanks for sharing the cutting file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is too much sequins? Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ( !! ) Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Excellent card!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just WOW!!! Your projects always blow me away, and I'm not even into Halloween much...but this is so awesome! Now, I going to get my Cricut Expression back out after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all the white and LOVE me some shaker cards! Thanks for the file!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!