Monday, July 3, 2017

No Worries

I've been sitting on this news for quite a while now, and I can finally tell you that I'm joining the talented group of ladies on the design team at the Heart2Heart Challenge Blog featuring Close to My Heart products. This week the challenge is to use the No Worries paper. Please excuse the weird photography. I was trying to be artsy and, well...yeah. To get the color and brightness right on the card, it totally whacked out the jar with the green marbles in it. I figured the card was more important.


I cut a white card base and then an extra piece of white cardstock measuring 4 x 5.25. I then trimmed out a one inch border using my Fiskars Paper Trimmer. I stamped the sentiment (from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge companion stamps) leaving off the "happy" part. I die cut the "HAPPY" using a retired Thin Cut four times--three in white paper and one from the No Worries paper. I glued the four die cuts together to give it strength and depth. I then glued a piece of No Worries paper to the card base, mounted the trimmed out and stamped frame piece over top using foam tape, and glued the "HAPPY" in place.

I'm so excited to be part of this design team! Heart2Heart always has fun challenges.

On a personal note, this card was made while the hubs and I are on the road traveling from Alaska to South Carolina. You can read some previous posts and see pictures of our travels. We're almost done. A few more days on the road, and then we'll be in our new home...for six months before we move again. Ah...army life! And some time between now and September 1, I need to finish two stories. Ah...the life of an author. So crazy!! But I wouldn't change a thing.

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card!! I could see this on a Hawaii vacation scrapbook page, too! Safe travels, friend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely! Use of white space and depth is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean lines, a very classy card indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard as a DT member...I love the simplicity of your card...beautiful. Always enjoyed seeing your projects as an entrant as well so now we get to see them bi-weekly or maybe even weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your DT assignment! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design, love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!