Monday, December 11, 2017

Stylish Christmas Card

I'm settled into the hotel and awaiting our new home in Virginia. I drove around a little today to find the nearest Christian book store and craft stores. Yeah...spent a little bit of money. I haven't had time to create, but I remembered that I made a card a while back that I never posted.


I love how classy the black, white, and gray color scheme is. I used Pewter cardstock plus the Silver & Gold Paper Pack for the three rectangles. I die cut them plus the background with stitched dies from My Favorite Things. Before die cutting the smallest rectangle, I used the Tree Line Border die cut from CTMH and glued it to Pewter paper. Both layers of paper ran through my Cuttlebug just fine.

I stamped the sentiment from Short & Sweet in Charcoal ink then glued the gray rectangles onto my 4 x 5.25 base. I wrapped Black & Gold ribbon around the front and secured it with tape. Then I foam mounted the entire piece and adhered it to my card base. Three Black Enamel Dots finished it off.

A new seasonal catalog is coming soon from Close to My Heart. That means products in the current Seasonal Expressions catalog will retire at the end of this month--including the tree die cut and Silver & Gold paper used on this card.

We'll be moving into our new home on Wednesday. I'm really debating the merits of decorating for Christmas when we'll be heading home to have Christmas with our kids in a week, but I think I'm going to regret it if I don't expend the effort. I just might leave all my decorations up through January to make up for my late start.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!