Saturday, February 3, 2018

Dear Friend Card with Chelsea Gardens - Scrapbooking

I can't get enough of the new Chelsea Gardens - Scrapbooking set, and I haven't even started using it for actual scrapbooking. This card was done for a challenge through Shannon Baker's Stampin' Buds team. We were supposed to use Black, Bashful, and Glacier. I went non-traditional, deciding to make the flower blue and the background pink.


For the background, I "stamped" my Bashful Ink Pad directly on the card base which I trimmed down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/2" because I wanted to let my leaves hang over the edges. It also helped "square up" my card base with the shape of the Bashful background. Bashful is the color of the year, and it's also on sale through the Pretty in Pink campaign running all this month. I'm going to be very, very sad when the CTMH year ends in August, but I'm stocking up on everything Bashful so I'll have plenty of it before it retires.

The flower and leaves come from Chelsea Gardens - Scrapbooking; the sentiment comes from Chelsea Gardens - Cardmaking. After stamping the flower in Glacier, I used a Clear Shimmer Brush over the petals. I tried to get a good shot of the shimmer but it none of them turned out well. Trust me, it's really pretty in person. The leaves and stamen were stamped in Black. I fussy cut everything with Micro-tip Scissors, glued the leaves directly on the card base (making sure the total width of the card from each leaf tip measured 4 1/4 inches so it would fit inside a standard A2 envelope), and added the flower with 3-D Foam Tape. My last step was adding Liquid Glass to the center of the stamen.

I really like how this turned out, so now I think I'll go try this using Glacier as my background and Bashful for my flower.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. You're a card making genius, Becca! Stamping the stamp pad to create a background is just brilliant! I love your color combination and the uniqueness of the blue flower and black leaves! Absolutely gorgeous card, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!