Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Rose Bouquet with CTMH Hello USA Cricut Cartridge

Can we talk a minute about the wonders of White Daisy Ink? It's probably the most versatile and under-utilized ink pad in my stash. And can we also talk about the wonders of Cricut Design Space which allowed me to ungroup, resize, and mess until I created this beautiful floral bouquet from the flowers included in CTMH's Hello USA Cricut Cartridge?


Yep...the ungroup feature! These flowers are from New York, Oklahoma, USA, New Mexico, and Alaska. I cut them in Cranberry, Smoothie, Sweet Leaf, Mink, and White Daisy then sponged the White Daisy and Mink flowers with Blush ink and the leaves with Willow ink. Before gluing the roses together, I stamped layers from the Beautiful You stamp set in White Daisy ink on both the flowers and leaves.

The white lilac-ish flowers (New Mexico) cut with a long stem before you get to the frond leaves. I simply cut the stem holding the flower, re-glued it to the frond leaves, and then tucked the whole flower under the edge of the roses to hide the cut. The only extra thing I did was to use a round hole punch to create the centers of the Mink flowers. I don't know if I deleted the layer that would have given me a back or if they come open, but it saves paper and doesn't take much time to punch the holes and glue them on the back side.

The scallop edge background is Basic Fundamentals Charcoal paper cut with a die from My Favorite Things.

If you have the USA Cricut Cartridge from CTMH, here's the Design Space file you can use to recreate this. If you don't have it, click on the colored link above to order.

Here's the supply list with embedded links for your shopping convenience:
This is going out to my mother for her birthday, but I can easily see it as a mother's day card. The Beautiful You stamp set includes "Mother" as a sentiment. I was planning to use a folding banner thin cut (which is also on sale), but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to cover up any of the flowers.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becca! I'm so excited to see all of your Cricut creations here on your blog - I just got a new Cricut yesterday, and want to use more from the fabulous Flower Market cartridge. Wonderful cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!