Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Home is Where the Heart Is Cards using CTMH Central Park

We are only a few weeks away from a new CTMH catalog, which means lots of great products are retiring soon. One of my favorites is the Central Park-Cardmaking stamp set because, as an Army wife, lots of my friends move lots of times. And plenty of other friends move, too. I've been making "new home" cards like crazy. I'll be featuring them over the next few days. Here's the first one:


This card features the Central Park Paper Pack. I cut the background to 4.25 x 4 and attached Black and Gold Ribbon to the bottom before gluing it to the card base. I always tie my knot loosely at first then pull it tight once I'm sure it's in the right place. I then used the largest Stitched Heart Thin Cut with the red paper from Central Park and glued it down a little left of center. I stamped the house in Black ink on a separate piece of white cardstock, colored it, and fussy cut it out using Micro-tip Scissors. This stamp set comes with coordinating Thin Cuts if you prefer. I foam mounted the house next to the heart. Next, I stamped the sentiment in Black and colored it with two shades of red, blending them for an ombre look.

Here's a list of supplies that link to my website for your shopping convenience:
Please note, I used Copic Markers rather than ShinHans because I invested in Copics before CTMH came out with the ShinHans. I've used my best guess for comparable colors, including the colorless blender which helps soften more intense colors.

In writing news, I've been making good progress on book three of the Montana Brides series. I sent off over forty pages to my critiquing group. We'll see how they like it.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!