Monday, January 28, 2019

Understanding Design Principles on CAS Cards

I was recently asked to teach a class on Clean & Simple (CAS) cards. I concentrated on design principles. For the following two cards, I drew color inspiration from the I Heart Us paper, combining it with Colorful Texture and stamps included in the Flower Market Cricut Bundle.



These cards show how to use the concept of thirds. Notice the placement of the row of dots on the first card. The top of it runs along an imaginary line drawn across the bottom third. For the second card, the sentiment is centered and along an imaginary line drawn across the top third. Sequins was added in triangles to finish.

Here's the supply list (with links for your shopping convenience):


Understanding basic design principles rocked my crafting world. Either I had the most boring art teachers in school or I was so convinced I wasn't artistic (because I couldn't draw a decent stick figure...still can't) that I shut off my brain during class. When I learned them as they applied to a craft I already loved, they suddenly made sense.

I hope you see the idea of thirds here. If not, please leave a comment and I'll answer as soon as possible. For now, I'm off to my writing cave.

Until next time,
Becca  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!