Saturday, July 20, 2019

Sunflower Card with Share the Joy Background Die Cut

Today's card uses both retired and current products but, as promised, features the Share the Joy special promotion running through the end of this month. I used the cover die with all the circles and took advantage of the two-tone cardstock sold by CTMH for the background.


I love sunflowers. Love them! Whenever we move, there are a few stamp sets which travel with me in case the movers lose all of our household belongings. This retired sunflower set is one of them. I stamped the flower in Goldrush ink, colored with markers, stamped it again to crisp up the lines then decided I needed some extra depth in the center so I used a Sponge Dauber to dab Espresso ink there, fading out as I got farther away from the center. The leaves were stamped in New England Ivy. I fussy cut all the images with Micro-tip Scissors. Before mounting the flowers onto the Goldrush Cardstock background, I added some splotches from the Timeless Textures stamp set. The sentiment comes from the Happy Trails stamp set (the feature image being a RV camper). I stamped it in Espresso ink and trimmed it almost to the very edge with my Micro-tip Scissors. I added it last using the thinnest 3D Foam Tape.

For the sake of artistic effect, I didn't fill the sunflower or leaves with color. I left quite a bit of white space. Not only does it look great, it's easier to color. Win, win!

Now I'm going to give you a little hint...  I got a sneak peek at some of the new products showing up in September. If you really wish you had a beautiful sunflower, you're in luck. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!