Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Quick and Easy Bee Card

Popping in quickly to show you a card I made for my upline's color challenge this week: Charcoal.


I cut the hexagons from retired Hawthorne paper, but you could use any patterned paper cut into hexagons using a Cricut or punch. I glued them to some white cardstock then cut it out with Rectangular Stitched Thin Cuts. I used those all the time!!

I stamped the bee in Charcoal ink, colored his body and wings lightly with colored pencils--one in saffron for the body and one in julep for the edges of the wings--then added Clear Shimmer Pen to the wings. After cutting the bee using the medium size Stitched Bracket Thin Cuts, I added the sentiment from Say It In Style, also in Charcoal ink. To touch up the wings, I outlined parts of them with the Pewter Journaling Pen. I placed the bee where I wanted him (without glueing) then used Liquid Glass to adhere a few Julep Sequins, added Burlap Ribbon attached with Mini Staples, then foam mounted the background panel to my card base. I used more foam tape to adhere the bee over the ribbon and DONE!

Busy day so gotta run.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!