Saturday, December 5, 2020

Operation Smile Blog Hop: Every Bit of Wonderful


Welcome to the Every Bit of Wonderful Blog Hop. We're so excited to feature this special set because, with every sale, $7 is donated to Operation Smile. This organization goes around the world performing surgeries on cleft lips and cleft palettes, saving lives and giving smiles. You should have come from Haley's blog, but don't worry if you started here. The hop is a circle so keep going until you get back to where you started from. If you get lost along the way, head to Melinda's blog where she has a list of all the participants. 

I'm guessing that most of my fellow CTMH Makers will be featuring the beautiful floral images so I wanted to do something a little different. There are lots of great sentiments so I used all of them.

My colors were inspired by the Lovely paper pack, which is were the gingham on the right comes from. My original idea was to use the flip side of that paper. It has lots of flowers on it. As I was assembling the card, I realized there was too much pattern, so I used the flip side and...voila! Love how it adds some texture without taking away from my stamped words and cluster of flowers. I used Canary, Ballerina, Sage, and Blue Belle. I used foam tape to attach it to the card base with the gingham already glued down. To add extra interest, I stamped the Blue Belle sentiment on a separate piece of cardstock, cut it into a fishtail, then foam mounted it over the top of the column of sentiments.

I stamped the flowers in Sage ink and colored with alcohol markers. After cutting it out, I mounted it with two pieces of stacked foam tape on the far right and glued it directly over the banner on the left side. The final touch was dots of Ballerina Liquid Pearls. I am IN LOVE with this product. I've been adding little bits of shimmer to almost every card I'm making these days. 

I haven't decided if I would like this better if the background sentiments were in just Canary and Ballerina. The Sage sentiment feels a little bold for the background. But...

What do you think?

Now you're off to Brenda's blog to see what she has to inspire us.

Until next time,

Becca

10 comments:

  1. Love this. I really like the "subway art" feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use this stamp set - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fun on repeating the messages! Such a beautiful and sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you stamped the different sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love this- the cheery gingham and the background text are so fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card s so bright and happy! Love the repeating sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to incorporate all of the lovely sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you focused on the sentiments! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great use of the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!