Sunday, April 17, 2022

National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop


Welcome to the National Scrapbook Day blog hop. There are five different product bundles - plus one mega bundle - featured in this hop. I'm so excited to see what everyone has done. You should have come from Show and Tell with Michelle, but don't worry if you started here. The hop is a circle, so just keep going until you get back to where you started. Head over to Melinda's blog for a full list of participants if you get lost along the way.

I'm featuring the thin cuts and embellishments from the "Circles and Patterns" bundle with paper from the "Little Penguins Mini Album." Click here to see all five bundles.


I'm so in love with how this turned out!! My daughter is pregnant with her second child. For the gender reveal, she took her firstborn to their church for a photo shoot. Inside that egg are either pink or blue candies. My daughter sent us this as a teaser until the big reveal on Easter Sunday. So mean!! 

To create this layout, I started by cutting six circles, one each of the background and texture paper. After they were cut, I cut one more from some Lemonade and another from White Daisy. I'll point out where I used the last two in a moment. I then cut an 11x11 sheet of black and a 10.75x10.75 White Daisy piece. I splattered Black Shimmer Pen on the smaller White Daisy, adhered it to the Black, then adhered everything to a 12x12 piece of White Daisy with no splatters on it. I then started figuring out my circles. 

I stamped one center and one outer leaf shaped one in Nectarine over White Daisy using the small stripe stamp from the "Circles and Patterns" bundle (see top left and bottom middle circles). I sponged Flamingo ink to the bottom left leaf shape of the top middle circle so I didn't have white on white. The top right leaf of the top right circle is White Daisy sponged with Flamingo and then stamped with the weave pattern from "Circles and Patterns." It doesn't really show up well, but it's there. I promise. And lastly, the top right leaf of the top middle circle is the light side of Lemonade cardstock stamped with the flower pattern from "Circles and Patterns." It's so great to have the stamps that allow you to add some patterns to scraps of cardstock! I only needed a 2.5 inch square of patterned paper from the "Little Penguins Mini Album" to create this layout. 

My Versamat came in really handy when it was time to assemble. I lined up the points of my centers at the 3, 6, and 9 inch marks both vertically and horizontally. Easy peasy! 

The 4x6 photo is matted on White Daisy and then Capri. I popped it up on foam tape before adhering it to my base page. I decorated with a pink tab and some stickers from the Smitten sticker sheet (still available). Black embellishments are all from the "Circles and Patterns" bundle augmented with a few  Black Acrylic Hearts. Once those were down, I added a few dots of Robin's Egg Blue and Ballerina Liquid Pearls. I love adding these, and when they're placed close to acrylic shapes, they don't get smooshed in your scrapbook.

"Easter" was stamped in Black ink. It's from the For All Occasions set featured in the Core Catalog. That set is a must have in my book.

I don't often show my scrapbook pages because my kids don't want their babies all over social media, but I got permission for this one because you can't see her face. Soooo cute!!  Now you're off to Kristine's blog. I can't wait to see what she and our other talented Makers created to inspire us.

Until next time,
Becca
P.S. It's a boy!!

4 comments:

  1. I love how well the circles accent the black and white photo? This is a wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the purpose for your page and how you used the Thin Cuts with these fun papers. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! Beautiful mixing and matching of the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE layout, Becca!!! LOVE all the little details and how you did the circles...and those liquid pearls...thanks for pointing those out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!