Monday, October 18, 2010

Sew Happy

Well...I finally did it.  I went to the sewing machine store and discovered my old, unusable (but top of the line in its day) machine was maybe fixable and maybe not.  If not, it was going to be a $50 service charge, if it was, it was about a $250-350 job.  Yeah...not so much.  Instead, I decided to purchase a new machine outright.  It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it will sew a button hole, straight line and zig zag.  I'm good with that!  Today's card is entered in the following challenges:

Mojo Monday Sketch 161
Heart 2 Heart - Embossing


 I used Veranda and Perfect Day paper, the Sip stamp set, and Creme Brulee ribbon all from CTMH. I also used Buttercup embossing powder, but since it was too bright for the Creme Brulee, I sanded it down so a little more white came through.





 The spoon was too long, so I simply folded it in the middle and stuck a button over the top to hide the crease.

I love the contrast of the cool Juniper and Creme Brulee against the vibrant Tulip color.  And I must give credit where it's due.  This was basically stamp lifted from Betsy Veldman's Blog

You will likely be seeing a little less of me on my blog.  I will continue to participate in certain card challenges in order to support Operation Write Home, but if I'm going to really pursue writing, I need to  make that a priority. 

Until next time,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. I'm sad we're going to see a bit less of you--I've really enjoyed your card creations! But, I understand the whole priority thing. God bless you on your new creative path!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love all the stitching. Folding the spoon to fit your flower is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the spoon in the floral focal piece, how cool is that! Super job with the heat embossing, the shimmer really makes that coffee cup stand out! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! I really like how you did the ribbon with the flower. The tea cup is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I really love the spoon worked into the flower...clever! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love how you layered the flower. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! Love how the spoon is with the flower/button, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LOVED your card - I guess I missed it last Fall :( wonderful colors and stitching designs...thanks for the inspiration... hugs prue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!