Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Back in the (Summery) Swing of Things

After being MIA from this blog for almost a month, it's good to be back in the swing of things (not to mention good to have found my camera!!).  And nothing says, "Back in the swing..." like one card which works for three different challenges! Three of my favorite challenge blogs, at that:

OWH "Sweet Summertime"
Heart2Heart Photo Inspiration
Mojo Monday #238


All supplies are CTMH except as noted. Unfortunetly, only the stamp image is current (Pemberly WOTG).  The paper is old in discontinued colors of Apricot, Shell Pink, and Breeze.  Since I didn't have Apricot any longer, I stamped the image in Orange then stamped it twice on scratch paper to lighten the effect.

Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up! "Pool Party")
Pearls colored with Copic BG75
Spellbinders scalloped circle

Nitty gritty details:  The squares are 1 1/4 inches.  I mounted them on an Apricot colored background cut at 4 x 5 1/4 inches. The white mat is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, Breeze mat at 4 3/16 x 5 7/16. 

I originally used Breeze as the card base, but it felt overpowering having that large of a border around the edge.  Getting rid of it entirely made the scalloped circle too "alone" so I opted for the tinsiest, tiniest border I could manage.  (One of the things I loved the most about the photo inspiration on the Heart2Heart challenge was the little bit of aqua, so it wasn't like I could just get rid of the Breeze color altogether.)

The sewing also wasn't an option as far as I was concerned.  Though I did a good job of lining the squares up (and deliberately chose the Apricot mat because the spaces between the squares disappear), the zigzag stitches hide any problems. 

I absolutely love the Pemberly Workshop on the Go stamp set.  So many options with this one set.

Until next time,
Becca


16 comments:

  1. Way to use up your stash! (I remember this paper!) I'm so glad H2H is one of your fave challenge blogs and that you're playing along with our photo inspiration. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the stitching is awesome! The colors are fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tiny Breeze border AND your awesome stitching--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on this card all around ....amazing stitching job too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patchwork quilt design. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card brings back memories! I still have tons of that B&T paper stored away! Great way to use it up! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love the stitching on it. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so much detail and beautifully done. This a really nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is like a summer quilt! Beautiful job. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just darling. Thanks for playing along with us at h2h this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooove this!! I don't remember that paper.... love breeze... miss it.... such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is absolutely darling! I love all the summer colors and the stitching is flat out amazing! I also am blown away by all the tweaking you did to make everything look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is absolutely darling! I love all the summer colors and the stitching is flat out amazing! I also am blown away by all the tweaking you did to make everything look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty and cheerful, love your card! Welcome back we've missed you :)

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! The detail you put into this is incredible! So glad you joined us for this H2H challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin' the details and how you stayed true to the inspiration piece in so many ways. Thanks very much for sharing on H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!