Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Forward

Addiction alert.  I have fallen in love with Adhesive Springs.  It began with this post and continues today with my second entry for Heart2Heart: Spring Forward

Don't laugh, but I literally was awake tossing with a new idea using the same concept as the butterfly wings.
This was a little trickier because the flowers didn't just secure themselves like the butterfly wings did.  I used a hefty amount of liquid glass on the middle flower and am praying it stays secure.
The paper colors are Smoothie, Cranberry, and Olive.  The flowers were sponged with Tulip over Smoothie and Barn Red over Cranberry.  The leaves are Olive over Olive.  I do have one small tip for you about those leaves.  They are much easier to sponge if you do it before you attach them to the card.  Go ahead...ask me how I know. 

I used flowersoft in the middle of the flowers. (They might also have been easier to do if I'd added the flowersoft before adhering them to the spring, but I was SO DARN EXCITED to get them into that spring and see if it would work.)

The sentiment is from Springtime (retired) and was cut with the Artiste Cricut cartridge then trimmed down to fit under the flowers.

I have had the flower packet since 2001.  Yep...for twelve years...just waiting for the right idea.  I think I got it!!  Since I don't think they will actually grow, I decided to glue it inside the pocket, but this would be an easy way to send someone fresh seeds.

I am also linking my post to the fabulous Tamytha's blog because she's giving away blog candy and I want me some of that action!!

Hopefully this means I will be able to sleep tonight, especially since we have to go to bed an hour early to Spring Forward!

Until next time,
Becca




3 comments:

  1. Great card! I LOVE everything about it. I love the flowers and how you ised the spring. I love how you included the seed packet. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your springy (in both senses) Cosmos! I can just picture you staring at the ceiling planning the next attack on those springs...and I love the addition of the flower-soft to your blossom centres. Fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I could have sworn that I left a comment on this project! However, I guess that I didn't, so I'll it now. (Better late than never, right?) I laughed when I saw the seed packet. You're not alone. I stil have a couple of seed packets. lol I love how you used the springs and I love the flower soft. I've wanted some of that for so long, but for some reason never have purchased any. I'm so glad you joined us last month at Heart 2 Heart and joined me at my blog for the blog candy contest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!