Thursday, February 20, 2014

Full of Wonder

Happy Thursday, everyone.  I'm here with my third CTMH Balloon Ride Workshop on the Go post for DrPhilScraps.com.

I love the word "wonderful."  It literally means to be full of wonder.  What a fabulous way to live life!  It's one of the reasons why this particular WOTG is a favorite of mine.  The sentiment "You make life WONDERFUL!" is both beautiful and versatile.  Today I used it to create a gift bag.



Although it doesn't show well in the picture, I colored the word WONDERFUL with Creme Brulee and Blush to bring out the meaning of the word.  The scallop border was created by stamping the image in Juniper on a strip of white paper.  I handcut around the bottom edge to create the scallop, glued a zip-strip over top, then trimmed my white paper to leave about a 1/8 inch top border.

The sentiment is stamped in Cocoa over the die cut from Art Philosophy (p.55 at 2.25 inches).  I needed a strong contrast to the border behind.  I tried it in Creme Brulee, Juniper, and Saddle, but there wasn't enough of a contrast.  Plus the flower just looked odd, so Cocoa to the rescue.  LOVE that ink pad.  It's rescued me more times than I care to count.

The floral image at the bottom of the sentiment was colored with alcohol marker sets.

Tie a big bow, embellish with the Balloon Ride Assortment and Sparkles Clear Flourishes included in the WOTG, and you have a lovely gift made from a plain, brown sack.

Until next time,
Becca

 

February special
 
screenshot34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!