Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sympathy Card

My husband asked me to make a sympathy card...and to make it really pretty. Challenge accepted! I pulled out some Altenew and CTMH supplies and went to work.


The floral stamps are from Remember This by Altenew (NOTE: everything in italics is linked for your shopping convenience). I love their layered flowers! I stamped this one with CTMH inks starting with Nutmeg for the outlines. The flower base is Bashful, the second layer is Smoothie, and the final layer is Pomegranate. The leaves are Flaxen as the base and Fern as the layer. I stamped everything but the main flower onto 3 x 4 piece of retired paper from CTMH called Sugar Rush, but the same ombre effect could be done by blending Bashful ink onto White cardstock. I backed it with Bashful cardstock. CTMH has started printing their cardstock with a base and shade so you get two colors with every piece of cardstock. I think I used the full-strength version of Bashful on this, but I can't remember and hubby already took the card with him to work this morning. The sentiment is from a CTMH set called Heartfelt Thoughts. I stamped it in Nutmeg ink.

I cut my card base then ran the top part through the Rose Embossing Folder. It added such interest without overwhelming my beautiful flowers. When the card was all assembled, I used foam tape to add the central flower which had been die cut using the coordinating dies from Altenew (NOTE: I have linked to the stamp set and dies individually, but you can also purchase them as a set). I deepened the stamen by adding black, but I'm not sure I like it. Hmmm.

At any rate, hubby liked the card - "oohing and ahing" spontaneously rather than after being prompted by me. I hope it brings a measure of comfort to the recipients.

Now it's off to the writing office. I spent a lot of time crafting yesterday, so now it's time to buckle down and meet next Thursday's deadline. Good thing Virginia shuts down with an inch of snow on the ground. Everything is cancelled for the day.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and colors used are spot on! I too love Altenew flower stamps but the new colors from CTMH are stunning with this flower. I need to play with some combos now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!