Thursday, July 5, 2018

Documented Friendship

I spent most of June traveling, the last part with my best friend who lives in Washington. She accompanied my to Billings, MT where I picked up the Spur Award for "Best Western Romance Novel" at the Western Writers of America conference. I'll post more about that on my author web page soon, but I'm still processing the event.

I wanted to send a special thank you card to my friend for chauffeuring me all around and being my "Plus 1" at the conference. I was so nervous about my acceptance speech, and she really helped keep me from sweating through my blouse.


For this card, I used the Blossom colored paper in the Adventure Fundamentals paper pack and swiped some Tangerine ink using the side of my ink pad. I was aiming for the kind of stripe that's in the middle. My top swipe went a little wide. I thought about starting over again but stopped myself. Perfection is highly overrated.

I stamped the flowers (from Documented-Cardmaking) in Momento Black Ink on White Daisy paper. To color them, I squeezed Blossom, Tangerine, and Sweet Leaf ink into their respective lids and painted the color on with a wet fine-tip brush. White Daisy paper isn't great with water so you need to be a little careful about how wet your brush is when you paint. I let them dry before I cut them out. This stamp set comes with coordinating die cuts, but I used my Micro-tip Scissors instead because I didn't like the border of white that the die cuts leave.

After I glued down the flowers, I stamped the sentiment in black ink and hand drew a border with a fine-tip black pen.

I love how bright and cheerful Blossom and Tangerine are together. I hope my friend smiles when she opens this card.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!