Monday, October 1, 2018

Bunches of Love with Thanks & Giving Stamp of the Month

I've made no secret of my love for the new Bunches of Love set. For this card, I've paired it with a single sentiment from the October Stamp of the Month: Thanks & Giving.


I started by cutting a piece of vellum paper at 4.25 x 11 inches and folding in half along the top. I stamped the outline image of the flowers in Versamark ink along the top fold and embossed it with white powder. I then turned the vellum over and stamped the filler images. I used a sponge dauber to create the shaded background behind the sentiment. To keep the filler images from stamping on the back inside, I used a scratch piece of paper as a mask along the center fold line. After the vellum was dry (which takes a while), I secured it to the cardbase by running a line of glue on the back, inside of the vellum. In other words, the glue is behind the stamped part of the vellum with the cardbase between. I hope that makes sense.

Here's the list of supplies (with links included for your shopping convenience):
White embossing over vellum is so classy. It's one of my favorite techniques. Oh...and for those of you who are wondering, I got my word count in. Just one more month to go before my deadline at which point I intend to celebrate by taking a very deep breath and spending a significant portion of my day crafting.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!