Sunday, July 25, 2021

Christmas In July Blog Hop



Welcome to the Christmas in July Blog Hop. You should have come from Maureen's blog, but don't worry if you started here. The hop is a circle, so just keep going until you get back to where you started. If you get lost along the way, head over to Melinda's blog for a complete list of participants. 

I decided to feature the White Pines paper from the Bring Back My Pack promotion. I loved this paper so much the first time around, and I'm loving it even more with the updated colors and new sticker sheet. 

Before I show you my scrapbook pages, here's the backstory. My husband is in the army and we're getting ready to move for the seventh time in twelve years. In my efforts to organize and purge, I came across some pictures and memorabilia from when my son was a baby. He turns 35 next month, so it's about time I scrapbooked his baby pictures, don'tcha think? Here's page #1...

Cute, right?! I used the downloadable workshop guide at the top of the White Pines Promotion page and altered it for my photos. Some of you are old enough to remember the joys of film cameras. You took a hundred pictures, developed them, and hoped you got a couple of good ones. Well...these ones came out great but I only had the two. I decided to follow the basic layout design, particularly my sticker placement, with a few minor alterations.

This next layout is also with White Pines and my son, but it has a completely different feel.

I used a number of retired products on this, the sequins, gold photo corners, "hello" thin cut, and Creme Brulee pigment ink to be specific. However, the blue paper comes from White Pines and the yellow gingham comes from the Lovely paper suite. The images are from Nursery Days and the name banner was created with Classic Alphabet Thin Cuts. The souvenir birth certificate and birth announcement were things I found in my tub of scrapbooking things. I love how French Vanilla cardstock is the perfect color to pair with these 35 year old items. I decided to show this to you despite the retired products because I wanted you to see how a Christmas themed paper collection doesn't limit how you use it.

Interesting note, the blue pigment ink is actually Blue Belle. It, however, is the perfect Glacier color. While I was somewhat disappointed about that when I first received it, I will get far more use out of the color as is.

Next stop on the blog hop is ScrappinKaty. I can't wait to see what she and all the other amazing Makers have created. Again, the hop is a circle, so be sure you visit everyone to glean lots of great inspiration.

Until next time,
Becca

9 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas layout and those photos...simply adorable! WOW on that second layout being made with White Pines! I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, Becca! I have photos that old I could/should scrap, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how the same papers can yield such different results. Both layouts are terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love how you used the blue pattern paper for totally non Christmas,! It really shows the versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful & get those precious memories scrapped, no matter HOW long ago---great job! Blessings on your move too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts! I love that you were able to use the blue for a totally non Christmas layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such different layouts! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!