Friday, October 14, 2022

Truck Full of Pumpkins

 It's been a hot minute since I last posted here. I've still been creating, but I'm sharing almost exclusively on my Facebook Group called "Crafty Friends." I wanted to share this particular card because I'm just so stinkin' proud of how it turned out.


The truck, pumpkins, leaves, and fence type thing holding the pumpkins in the truck bed (don't you love my technical terminology) are from the stamp set called "Seasonal Haul." I colored all of them with colored pencils. The woodgrain sentiment panel was created by running French Vanilla cardstock through the Slimline Stitched Card Front and Background die then trimming it down to 3" by 4.25." My original plan was to center it on my card base, but this looked better. The sentiment comes from the stamp set called "Crisp Air-Cardmaking."

The card base was created using a direct to paper swiping technique. I literally slid my ink pad across the paper. I used both Pine and Paprika colors. FYI, you need to let that dry before adhering anything over the top of it. Just sayin'.

I didn't originally plan for my truck to be green. I colored it in oranges and browns before deciding there wasn't enough contract between it and the pumpkins. I grabbed a green colored pencil and went right over the top of my orange truck. It resulted in that very cool patina look. I might just have to try that again...this time on purpose. LOL!

Until next time,

Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!