Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Funny Valentine

I was surfing the net a couple weeks ago and came across a website called "a creative MINT" which has nothing but color inspiration.  You can see them listed on "Blogs I Follow" at the side of my page, or here's their link to check it out yourself... http://acreativemint.typepad.com/a_creative_mint/ The combination of lilac and orange was stunning, so I decided to make a Valentine card for my husband which reflects his "somewhat offbeat" personality.  Nathan is always looking for some way to turn the ordinary quirky.  He brings a smile to my face every single day and, after twenty-five years of marriage, we truly are soul mates, best friends, and all the other cliches.

The card was made with all Close to My Heart stamps, papers, and inks.  I used Lilac Mist, Spring Iris and Taffy paper, although the Taffy was the double sided textured one and I used the lighter side.  I sponged with Sorbet ink over the Taffy paer to edge the heart and scalloped background "ribbon" and sponged some Spring Iris ink to the right side of the Taffy heart.

The brads at the bottom were embossed with Lilac Mist powder to create my own custom color.  It might be hard to tell, but the top heart is white embossing over Spring Iris paper.  I also sponged the entire edge of the White Textured cardstock with Spring Iris ink to soften the overall effect.

I thought it turned out both beautiful and offbeat, which perfectly describes the love I have for my funny Valentine.

Until next time,

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!