Monday, September 19, 2011

Welcome New Friends


Tonight we are welcoming the new Commander's wife and other spouses of the new command team. I'm not sure what the Army protocol is for an incoming Commander's wife (I even looked it up in the Army etiquette book to see if it had any helpful hints - it didn't), but I wanted to take a small gift.

I think it would have been really fun to weave a ribbon through the spaces created when I stamped the border from the new CTMH "Snowflakes" stamp set (D1480), especially if I could have made the ribbon follow the same scalloped pattern as the stamp. Alas, I need to make several of these in a short amount of time, so it's basics only.

The challenge over at Heart 2 Heart this week is three colors of cardstock only - no patterned paper. I love the simplicity of a challenge like that, which is why I'm also entering this in the Less is More "Anything Goes" challenge. However, in the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, I stamp-lifted this card directly from Laugh a Daisy.

All supplies are CTMH. The scalloped circle was cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (1.75" for the white, 2" for the Cocoa) and stamped with the "Connections" set (D1330). I stamped the sentiment using "Say it in Style" (D1283). Colors used are white, Juniper and Cocoa. In order to remember what size I used when I stamped the circle, I wrote it with a Sharpie directly on my carrier sheet. Many of the sets released prior to the Art Philosophy cartridge can be used in conjunction with it, so I'm trying to make sure I update each carrier sheet as I go along.

Two more days before I leave for the American Christian Fiction Writer's conference. Wish me luck!

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. Great card Becca it's a fabulous design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with fabulous colours!
    Thanks so much for helping us in our attempt at 1000 submissions this week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    If you could possibly remove the Word Verification Option form your blog, it would help enormously... this is the second comment I have written, the first one disappeared just as I was clicking away and saw the Verification box just appearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is clean and simple. Love it! I also love what you share in your About Me intro. =) This is my first visit and it won't be my last! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card Becca
    Love the colours
    Appreciate your efforts to help us succeed our 1000 entry challenge
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty..clean and simple. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty! I love the colors and the simplicity of design. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!