Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Writer's World Wednesday-Multi-tasking

I’m writing this on the road.  Well, in the car which is driving on the road.  Don’t worry, my husband is at the wheel.  We are on our way to a marriage retreat for a few days.  My husband is a chaplain in the US Army and one of his jobs is helping to strengthen marriages among our soldiers.  It’s a daunting task as many of them (75%) come from broken homes.  Statistically, those who come from broken homes are more likely to divorce.  We’d like to give them a few ideas about how to avoid becoming part of that statistic.

It has become our joint passion.

My husband spends much of his work time counseling. I spend my days writing with the intent of exposing what I call “love lies” through fictional characters.  Together, we hope to impact marriages by communicating what true, true love is.

And so, even though I am feeling the pressure of a total rewrite with only twenty-nine days to go until deadline, I am in the car writing my Wednesday blog post while talking (intermittently) to hubby about the specifics of this retreat while trying to figure out a plot problem as the phone navigations system gets us to our destination.  Oh, and it would be helpful if I could work up a proposal for a new novella to submit by Monday.

Welcome to my world.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Becca, good luck, you can do it!
    Did you know that my beloved is/was an Army Chaplain, too? He's retired, sort of. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! Army Chaplains rock! Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!