Saturday, May 28, 2016

As Long as You Live

A lovely young lady just got engaged.  She is fun, spunky, and always on trend...all of which is captured in this week's Color My Heart challenge.


I used Altenew's "Vintage Roses" in Thistle and leaves in Lagoon over Pear. The background was made with sponge daubers using Crystal Blue, Lagoon, and Pear.  To really make the sentiment from CTMH's "Wavy Blooms" pop, I used my MISTI tool and stamped it four times in Lagoon.

I ran my background panel through MFT's stitched dies and backed it with Thistle cardstock. Coordinating Thistle Thick Twine finished it off.

Since it's always important to play nice in blogland, here's the card I used as my inspiration for this one.

Love how this turned out.  Love the sentiment for an engaged couple. Love celebrating such a happy moment.

Until next time,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. Becca, this is beautiful, and thank you for linking back to my card, I feel honored to be an inspiration. You have done a great job with the card, I love these roses. The framed panel is a great idea, as it matches to the colors you chose for the roses. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rahmat! I love that we can take inspiration from someone else and make it into our own. It's one of my favorite things about stamping! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Becca this is a work of art! Thanks for joining us this week at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Becca! I love the sponge daubered background and the layered roses. You picked the perfect sentiment for an engagement card. Thanks for inspiring us again at the Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and the stitching frame and the roses you popped up are so pretty...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and you'll love the colors this Friday for the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Becca! It has a lovely balance in the colours.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that soft smudgy background, Becca! Gorgeous card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the background. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful soft look to the flowers and the background. Thanks for taking a Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love how soft it looks and how you ran the twine between the two lines of the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!