Sunday, May 15, 2016

Vintage Flowers

One of the sets I purchased to treat myself for the big writing contract was "Vintage Flowers" from Altenew. Love, love, LOVE this set!!  Here, I combined it with overlay Cricut cuts from "Edge to Edge" which are free on Design Space right now.


For the card on the left, I selected the Cricut cut, used the "Hide Contour" feature to get rid of the outside cut, and used a piece of cardstock larger than I needed for the cut.  After it was cut out, I trimmed the panel and backed it with a piece of lightweight vellum. I mounted it to the card base with foam tape and added the flowers on top.

The card on the right is a different design and left the outside cut.

The flowers are stamped with CTMH inks in Baby Pink, Cotton Candy, Tulip, Flaxen, Fern, and New England Ivy.  (Baby Pink and Tulip are retired.)

Both sentiments come from Verve's "Take Note" and are stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black.  My new MISTI stamp tool came in quite handy, both for the flowers and for stamping the sentiments right were I wanted them.  I actually made a set of eight of the "Hello" cards, and using the MISTI made it a breeze!  I hand-cut the flowers because I budgeted my treat money and wanted more stamps rather than the coordinating dies from Altenew.

Now back to cutting more of these beautiful overlays before they're no longer free!

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, Becca! Congratulations on your new writing contract!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!