Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hugs 'n Kisses

I fly out tomorrow to be with my kiddos over Christmas.  I return two days before the deadline to get Valentine's Day cards to Operation Write Home, which is not enough time to mail from here to there.  I finished up a few more tonight to get mailed out tomorrow morning.

I actually used the OWH Sunday Sketch Challenge #47, and the OWH Stamping 101 - Vellum on this one card. 

The "swirly" heart is stamped on vellum and only attached at the bottom under the ribbon to allow it to curl up and away from the rest of the card.  Yeah...like that's going to last once it's tucked in an envelope.

I adjusted the original sketch by moving the square over to expose the patterned paper and stitching down the left side.
As you can see, I'm still having fun with my sewing machine. 

All paper and stamp images are from CTMH; the circle die cut is from Nestabilities.

Well, off to do some packing and get ready for my trip.  Luckily my two workbooks for the novel I'm working on arrived in the mail today.  I'll have plenty to do on the airplane rides...

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Becca. I love that buckle detail and the stitching too. Happy travels and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Becca! I love how you tucked the vellum heart in there. Thanks for playing along on the OWH Stars and Stamps Sunday Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!