Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Writing O'Clocks

Just saw this on the writers loop and had to share. Thanks to Sharlene MacLaren for posting it.
  • 1 o'clock = I am off to a fabulous start. Darn, I'm good. 
  • 2 o'clock = I love the way my beginning scenes are coming together. There's fire in my veins. 
  • 3 o'clock = I can write! My readers will love this. I'm even keeping my office neat and tidy. 
  • 4 o'clock = I don't feel like writing today. Help me, Lord.  
  • 5 o'clock = I'm in a dry spell (my flame is down to a flicker), but I will write because I AM A WRITER! 
  • 6 o'clock = Where was I going with this story? Gotta reread the entire STUPID thing! 
  • 7 o'clock = This stinks so bad I have to put a clothespin on my nose while I write.  
  • 8 o'clock = I cannot write. My readers will hate this. My office is starting to smell like dirty socks. 
  • 9 o'clock = Yow! I have to start winding this down! This is worse than the underside of a bad quilt. 
  • 10 o'clock = Where did all these loose ends come from? God, I need SUPER DIVINE WISDOM! 
  • 11 o'clock = I see it, I see it. It's coming together. (Thank you, Lord.) I can't wait to come out of my hiding place. 
  • 12 o'clock = The End! I can't imagine putting myself through this again, but, alas, another story is brewing.
I'm on Chapter 5 of 34, and I'm already at the 3:30 hour. Oh dear! However, I did send the first four chapters off to be my plotting partner. He's great at villains, so I told him to think evil thought and get back to me.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!