Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Key to my Heart


Help! This card needs something but I'm not sure what.

My new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge arrived today, so I immediately had to play. It's going to make those fun round cards so much easier.

After coloring my lock and key, I sponged them with a VersaMark ink and sprinkled brass embossing powder over them. I didn't want to cover the entire area.

I tissue stamped the heart and then covered it with clear embossing powder so it would shine brighter than the lock and key. I also touched the edges with Pear ink...not really sure why.

Lots of sanding on this to dull down the colors against the brass. I also touched up the edges of my ribbon with a Pear marker because the green was more on the blue side.

And after all that, I still think it needs help.

However, that won't keep me from entering it in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 206
Heart 2 Heart Color Challenge: Sorbet, Pear and Cocoa

If you have any ideas (or if you think I'm being too critical of my own work), leave me a comment. I could sure use the help.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Too critical - I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous! Leave it just the way it is- or send it to someone special to brighten their day. Thanks so much for playing along with the H2H color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo adorable, I luv this sweet vintage circle card..hope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute! I especially love everything on the scalloped area...I think it could totally work as a stand alone card! Great job! You are always such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!