Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Key to my Heart


Help! This card needs something but I'm not sure what.

My new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge arrived today, so I immediately had to play. It's going to make those fun round cards so much easier.

After coloring my lock and key, I sponged them with a VersaMark ink and sprinkled brass embossing powder over them. I didn't want to cover the entire area.

I tissue stamped the heart and then covered it with clear embossing powder so it would shine brighter than the lock and key. I also touched the edges with Pear ink...not really sure why.

Lots of sanding on this to dull down the colors against the brass. I also touched up the edges of my ribbon with a Pear marker because the green was more on the blue side.

And after all that, I still think it needs help.

However, that won't keep me from entering it in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 206
Heart 2 Heart Color Challenge: Sorbet, Pear and Cocoa

If you have any ideas (or if you think I'm being too critical of my own work), leave me a comment. I could sure use the help.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Too critical - I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous! Leave it just the way it is- or send it to someone special to brighten their day. Thanks so much for playing along with the H2H color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo adorable, I luv this sweet vintage circle card..hope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute! I especially love everything on the scalloped area...I think it could totally work as a stand alone card! Great job! You are always such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!