Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Distress

Moving company shows up today to estimate how many days it will take to pack us up, so I'm busy cleaning bathrooms so I don't look quite so much like a slob when then arrive.  It's hard to keep up with the cleaning when you've been on the road as much as I have lately.

Anyway, my frantic cardmaking continues.  Here's a graduation card for my son-in-law which also fits into Heart2Heart's Distress Challenge:


The stamps are from CTMH Rock the Block set.  I stamped the swirls in Versamark on Kraft paper, used my stipple brush to swipe pearl paint in plain white, added black re-inker to more pearl paint and swiped a little more.  Before dabbing the stars with a mix of black and white pearl paint, I ran black ink over the tops of the ridges to make them stand out more.  The sentiment was highlighted with a white gel pen.

I thought the overall effect came off as cool grunge which is perfect for my dirt-bikin' SIL.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the distressing with the pearl paint! I really need to branch out and use my pearl paint more! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint on this card! Really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a grunge-y, cool card! Best wishes to your SIL. Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!