Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Claire Dare

This week at Color My Heart the dare colors come straight from the paper package Claire.  I don't have it.  So what's a Color Dare Diva to do?  Why, improvise, of course.  I used my Outdoor Denim ink pad and re-inkers for Blush, Hollyhock, and Sunset to bring you this card:



The background was done with a watercolor brush and reinker.  The shoe (Find Your Style, retired) was stamped in a "homemade" stamp pad using baby wipes and reinker.  (The process is explained in more detail in this post).

Confession time.  I wasn't careful enough with my splattering and got little droplets onto the main panel.  It wasn't bad, just a few.  I hid them with the drops of glitter gel.  Ha!!  One of the things I have learned over the years is that there is almost always a way to hide a flub.

The ribbon is old CTMH.  I love the dual sides.  Oh...and I used a paperclip because I couldn't find a stapler.  Ended up liking it.  So, yeah, why not?

My favorite thing about this card is the saying (Scrapbook Sentiments-Women).  I bought the entire set for this one saying.  I know.  I'm addicted.   My CTMH consultant loves me!!

Until next time,
Becca

9 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous card! Love the spatters, intended or not, and the combo of the shoe and the sentiment is just...inspired! I need to look at that stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Becca! I love the ink splatters, shoe, saying, stitching, ribbon, paperclip, glitter gel! Your card has such a "clean" look to it. Very creative1
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love your "opportunities for embellishment"/goofs! It makes your card just that much more unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ink splatters. I'd like to know more about how you did that. I don't normally do messy stuff myself, but that seems worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pick up ink with a wet paint brush (either by pressing your ink pad lid into the pad or by squeezing a tiny drop of reinker into a plastic container and adding a bit of water), hold the brush over your paper, and tap it against your finger to get the brush to drop/splatter. If you need a visual, here's a link: http://www.watercolorpainting.com/watercolorpainting/splatterspray.htm

      Delete
  5. Great technique, Becca! I really like the shoe and the way you inked it up. I see that stamp set used a lot, and I really wish I had it every time. I might have to get onto e-bay or something and see if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all you consultant types should contact CTMH Corporate and ask for it to be included in the new catalog. Yep. That's what I think!! :)

      Delete
  6. Love this card and how you combined the quote with the shoe. The use of a retired stamp set with a new stamp set is great. Love everything about this card. Card can used for a varietyvof occassions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card in every way! I adore the paper clip...and your splattered background. Also, super-clever cover-up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!