Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Future Belongs...

Today we are welcoming the spouses of our new battalion commander and command sergeant major.  Although it's always difficult to say goodbye to those we have come to love, the Army life does allow us to meet and grow to love new people.  I made a couple cards, one I showed you previously and kept in my stash, and this new one.


I used CTMH Ariana paper and the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge on top of a card base with the Vineyard Berry background paper that has been sitting in my stash for so long it's embarrassing.  The Vineyard Berry paper was cut with deckle edge scissors and I hand-drew the gold border with a gel pen. I mixed some Create A Shade pearl paint with water and spritzed it over the top of everything plus added a few other touches of straight paint to some of the splatters to give them a little more oomph.

The sentiment reads, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~Eleanor Roosevelt"

I don't do a lot with these roses because I mail most of my cards.  Since I will be hand-delivering this one, I went all out with flower, gems, and pearls.  Liquid Glass is my friend!!

Time to get ready for the party!

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!