Thursday, May 19, 2016

Stick it in a Pocket

This month, Blog Hops with Heart is all about pockets.  Here's my contribution:


There's a great story behind this card.  My writing partner and I just signed a three-book (plus three, promotional novella) contract with Kensington Publishing.  We received a hand-signed welcome letter from the president and CEO.  It was such a classy touch, I decided to send him a thank you note. 

The card base is 4.25x4.25" which left room in a standard A2 envelope to allow the pen and pencil to hang over the top edge.  The pen is from Hero Arts and the pencil is from Verve.  The pocket and glasses were cut from the Artistry CTMH Cricut cartridge.  The pocket is 2" W x 2.25" H, and the glasses are 2.59" W x .72" H (turned 90 degrees to hang over the pocket).  I trimmed off one end piece (the part that goes over the ear) leaving just enough to stuff into the pocket to give the impression the rest of it was still there.

I finished the pocket by stitching with my sewing machine then adhering the edges to the card base but using a piece of foam tape under the pen and pencil.  It gives just a touch of dimension.

Like always, this month's hop is circular.  You should have come from Kelly's blog and now you're off to Shelly's blog.  If you get lost, you can always go to Amie Kiger's blog for a full list of all the participants this month.

I can easily see this as a Father's Day card...except I might have to find a way to put a grease stain on it for my dad.  Ha!

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!! My father taught most of his career life--and had a pocket filled just like that (but glasses on his nose, lol.) I HAVE to use this for his card! SO clever for a thank you, and quite the manly card paired with simplicity--perfection. LOVE it, Becca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clean design. Love how that pocket just pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the creative idea!!! It surprised me that the pen and pencil weren't from a prior stamp set of CTMH (and one I himmmmed and hawwwed over getting)....anyway so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! You never cease to amaze me with your creative skills!!! ALSO....Super BIG congratulations for the book signing contract! That is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!