Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Monday, July 17, 2017

H2H In Stitches

Oh, how I have missed crafting...not to mention I'm behind on sending a few cards for birthdays, anniversaries, and the like. But then I found out that a writing colleague was diagnosed with breast cancer. Before I could get a "Praying for You" card done, she had a biopsy and was told her lump was benign. Halleluiah, amen!!

I wanted to send her a card to let her know I was thinking of her anyway, so I decided to use the cheerful dots from the Little Dreamer paper pack with a fun sentiment from the Flower Market coordinating stamps to make this card for the H2H In Stitches Challenge this week:


I'm complying with the "stitches" theme in several ways...surgery stitches, laughter that has you in stitches, and the cross-stitch pattern on the banner from the Whimsy Fundamentals paper pack To get the sentiment to stand out, I used pigment ink (Emerald). I really wanted to use my sewing machine to stitch a border all the way around my polka dot piece before mounting it to the card base with foam tape, but my sewing machine is still in a box. 

The assembly guy comes on Monday to put my craft cabinet together, and then I can get it loaded up and be back in business. Yes, it's a lot of work for only five months, but it's necessary to my mental health.

I hope you will come join us at H2H this week and give us your best "in stitches" project.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. This is a perfect card, with a little humor!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the Paper Fundamentals as your cross stitching...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dotted paper is really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!