Monday, September 11, 2017

Heart2Heart Goes Negative

Negative implies something bad, but this week at Heart2Heart we're showing you how to use negative space in positive ways.


I used a circle die cut from My Favorite Things for the stitched edge, but you can use any circle die or a die cutting machine like a Cricut to create the same effect.

Here's a close-up on the flowers. (Remember, this set is only available until the end of the month. Shopping link below.) I stamped them with all three layers then used the stamped images as guides for adding color with pencils and a white gel pen. I used a white colored pencil quite a bit, too, as you can see on the tops of the leaves. It didn't show up as much on the flowers which is why I went back over them with the gel pen.

CAS on Sunday's weekly challenge is "Color Me Pretty with Pencils or Markers" so I'm linking this card to them.

I cut the flowers and leaves out and layered them both over and under the circle cut. The center front flower was added using foam tape for even more dimension.

After the centers were colored, I added dots with a black pen.

The inside of the card is lined with a 4 x 5.25 piece of patterned paper from the Enchantment Fundamentals Paper Pack. This is the Pomegranate color.

Once the card was basically done, I closed it up to eye where I wanted the sentiment to go and stamped with Eggplant ink.

As you are reading this, I'm probably hunkered down while Irma does whatever damage she's going to do here in South Carolina. I wrote this post on Friday before she hit Florida. The latest models show her heading away from where I live, but it's been difficult to concentrate on much of anything while waiting for this monster. I've never been in the path of a hurricane, and it looks like there's never been one like this. Go big or go home, I guess.

Until next time,
Becca

Shopping List:

4 comments:

  1. This card is exquisite! I love it! Another one I will need to replicate. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, Becca! Expert coloring job! Thanks for inspiring me yet again!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS stamping & coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card. Love all the feminine details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!