Monday, December 18, 2017

Pun Intended with Heart2Heart

This week at Heart2Heart we're having fun with puns. I chose to use the December Stamp of the Month, A Little Bit of Pun (see sidebar for image of the full stamp set). These cute stamps would be great for making Valentine's Day cards and much more. I paired it with the Season of Sweetness stamp set for my card.




The tag and dotty border both come from Season of Sweetness. After stamping them, I added the light bulb and sentiment from the Pun stamp set leaving room for the Black and Gold ribbon to go in between.  I then added hearts--also from the Pun stamp set--in Pomegranate ink. I painted all the hearts and inside filament of the light bulb with the Shimmer Brush then covered the light bulb with Liquid Glass.












Here's another card I made using the same light bulb image.


In order to get my images evenly spaced, I used a ruler and pencil to create a grid. I sometimes get so caught up in the latest and greatest that I forget to go "old school" and use simple tools. I used a light touch with the pencil lines so they were easy to erase. I colored the images with Copics then painted them with the Shimmer Brush. Love that subtle sparkle. I decided against covering them all with Liquid Glass. To make sure the sentiment showed up well against the red card base, I used my MISTI and stamped it three times with Black Momento ink.

Because we just moved, my craft room is still in the process of being set up. I hope to have my light box up soon so I can take better pictures. These cards were photographed under a fluorescent light. Yeah...not so great. 

This is my last post as a Heart2Heart Design Team member. It's been a great privilege to be part of this talent group of ladies. I hope you will join us for this challenge and share your creativity with us.

I'll be buckling down to get some writing done in the next couple days and then I'm off with the hubs to have Christmas in Washington State with our kiddos. You may not see me for a long time, so please enjoy your holidays and we'll see you soon!

Until next time,
Becca

P.S. The current Seasonal Expressions CTMH catalog expires at the end of this month as does the Stamp of the Month. Be sure to order before the end of the month and keep in mind that supplies are limited to stock on hand.


1 comment:

  1. Darling cards, Becca!! As always.
    Safe travels and a very Merry Christmas to your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!