Thursday, August 22, 2013

Making Spirits Bright

This week at Heart2Heart, the challenge is "Sing a Little Song for Me".  I decided to use the negative space leftover from tomorrow's Color Dare card with a Christmas song lyric sentiment to bring you this:


Go to this post if want sizes, page numbers, etc., but the quick version is it was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.

To get the snowflake off the Cricut cutting mat, I followed someone's idea (and if it was yours, please comment because I'd love to link through to you!!) of using liquid glass on the paper still stuck to the cutting mat, pressing your card/scrapbook page down, letting it sit for about ten minutes, then carefully peeling it off.  Brilliant!!

The sentiment is from a retired set (December Word Puzzle) which I have pulled out more in the last six months than the rest of the six years I've owned it combined!

I'm also linking this up to the Addicted to CAS: Holiday challenge

I'm really not sure if I like this card or the one I'll be posting tomorrow better.  In any event, my stash of Christmas cards is beginning to grow.  Hopefully that  means I won't be quite as overwhelmed come November.  Yeah...probably not.

Until next time,
Becca

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the clean, simple layout with lots of white (or in this case, black) space and the pop of red with the twine. You use of negative space makes your card even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the non-traditional colors of this card! Thanks for singing with us this week over at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowflake is so striking and I like the pop of red from the twine. Great layout too. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love the black and white with the touch of red. Very classy! Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca -

    Awesome! I love the clean and graphic look of this card and having the black off set is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking CAS is the way to go for Christmas this year for sure! Love it! Thanks for playing along again at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I love the CAS look! Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!