Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quilted Color Throwdown

Card number two for the OWH Virtual Card Making Party combines OWH Challenge #1: Sketch with this week's Color Throwdown.

(Update:  Ooops!  Just linked this up to discover that it was supposed to be a Christmas/Winter themed card using the OWH Sketch.  Oh well...)

My colors are all CTMH: Cotton Candy, Sunset, Blush, Sweet Leaf, and Buttercup

I used a CM punch for my inch squares.  To make sure I had them on straight, I drew a couple lines on my 4"x5.25" panel.  The horizontal line was at 3.75" and the vertical line was at 2".  I put down my middle Sunset polka dot piece first and worked out from there.  This pattern was just begging for some top stitching and a custom dyed ribbon using Blush re-inker and Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon.

Since this is for OWH, I stamped "Miss You" from Verve's Friendly Phrases in Momento Tuxedo Black.  I inked right over the top of my stitching and it worked fine.  Whew!!

Really happy with how this turned out.  Off to see what's next on over at the OWH party!!

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Your quilt style squares and stitching are fabulous. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries!! It is cute as pipe anyway, :) thanks for playing along! That looks like a fun color challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so pretty!! I love your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you used the quilt pieces for your colors! All that stitching is awesome! And so is your beautiful bow! I'm so glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca, the quilting is awesome! This is such a pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may not be winter or Christmas themed but it IS just gorgeous! Love the stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!