Monday, March 3, 2014

a note to say...

I have a friend who gives herself pep talks.  One of her expressions is, "Suck it up, Buttercup."  It made me laugh so hard, I wanted to make her a card using the color Buttercup just to say thanks for the giggle fit.  I used the sketch from Mojo Monday.


I pulled out new, old, Verve, CTMH, and Tim Holtz, but I think it all came together.  Here's the supply list:

Stamps: CTMH: Vintage Type, Banner Wishes; Verve: Take Note
Ink: CTMH: Honey, Whisper
Paper: CTMH: Buttercup, Whisper
Accessories: Tim Holtz: Embossing folder; CTMH: wooden dragonfly colored with Whisper ink, sanding kit; corner rounder

The grey background was done by applying Whisper ink to the embossing folder before running it through the Cuttlebug.  The Buttercup square paper was stamped in Honey ink with the pencil from the Take Note stamp set then sanded to expose a bit of the white core.

You can't see it in the photo, but I went over the saying with a silver gel pen.  I wanted it to stand out a little, and I hand wrote the inside sentiment because I didn't have a stamp that said, "What's up, Buttercup?" and I wanted the inside and outside sentiments to sortof match.

I hope this brings a giggle to her as well as a little bit of beauty.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Such a great card. That dragonfly is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Becca! Thanks for shariing the story behind it--makes me think of Ralph Cramden calling Alice "buttercup". LOL
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Love the dragonfly!!! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!