Thursday, March 6, 2014

Explore your world

Happy Thursday, everyone.  It's Becca with my first post for DrPhilScraps.com using the Timberline WOTG.  I have a very special trip coming up in May and thought I would get a head start on scrapbooking.  Can you guess where I'm going?

 
 
Yep...PARIS!  My husband decided to surprise me for my 50th birthday last October with a Mother/Daughter trip.  If I were to have a number one item on a "Bucket List" this would be it!!
 
Timberline is a camping themed paper pack but, as you can see, you aren't limited to camping. 
 
I used a combination of CTMH Cricut Cartridges with Cricut Craft Room to cut my shapes.  Since the paper is double sided, and the Eiffel Tower is symmetrical, I could do all this in one cut.  I wanted to combine the cut "Explore" with the stamp that says "Explore your World".  The stamp has a scalloped edge which I didn't want, so I trimmed the top and sides then tucked the top under the cut word.  It was stamped in Chocolate ink  over Twilight paper.
Here's a close up of the cluster at the base of the Eiffel Tower.  I stamped the "You are Here" in both Black and Twilight, cut the center words from the Twilight, and glued it over the top of the Black.  The paper with stars under the Black Shimmer Trim is a zip-strip from Timberline.  I stamped the world in Twilight over Lagoon paper and sanded the edges. The tower was decorated with the two women stamped in Black at the base of the tower (dresses colored with a Twilight pen) and Lagoon Washi tape.
 
Can't tell you how excited I am to get pictures on this page!
 
Until next time,
Becca
http://drphilscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Product-List.jpg" width="402" height="142" />

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous Becca! I love the layout - and am surprised at how well the Timberline papers work with this theme! Excellent!!! How many years do you have to wait to be old enough to go? Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!