Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Tree

This week at Color My Heart we are working with colors I normally associate with Fall: Olive, Autumn Terracotta, Barn Red, and Hollyhock.  I wanted to see if I could come up with something that looked like Spring.


Here's the supply list (all CTMH):

  • Stamps: A Tree
  • Ink: Hollyhock, Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Barn Red (pigment), and Black (dye)
  • Accessories: paper piecing tool.

Here's how I made the background: I took an 8.5"x1.5" strip of white cardstock and swiped the pigment ink across in alternating stripes. After it dried, I cut it in half both horizontally and vertically so I had four strips of 4.25"x.75".  I glued the strips to a 4"x5.25" panel then trimmed down the edges.

I stamped the tree and butterfly in Black dye ink over the top.  Because of the different levels of paper, I used a small black pen to fill in some of the tree image. I then used a paper-piercing tool to create the butterfly tail.  For the purposes of the photo, I backed the top panel with a slightly smaller piece of black.

The full sentiment says, "Fluttering by to say hi!" I cut the "hi!" off in such a way I can fit it back in whenever I want.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. What a cool technique and use of these colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool technique - I am going to have to try it sometime. It looks awesome on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pigment inks are the perfect size for this technique! Your card is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! Love your background technique, and the butterfly 'trail' made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!